Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Piano's Story



This piano comes with a story. This piano belonged to my husbands', aunts', grandparents (did you follow that?) They purchased it during The Great Depression for very little because the family who was selling it needed the money. It was made in the 1920's. (I think that's the facts, I'm not 100% sure though) but now the piano's story will continue with our family. My husband's aunt had this piano in her home for years although no one played. When she found out that I love to play the piano and was looking for one for my home she very graciously gave this one to us. Yesterday after it was delivered I couldn't stop playing. The electronic keyboard I had been using is lovely but it just didn't have that real piano feel if you know what I mean. Anyway, I'm loving our newest addition. It's the first real piece of furniture for our living room and I love the clean lines and the dark wood. I am looking forward to playing and singing around this piano for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment